An Encouragment
I want to share a situation which happened to be during the youth camp which really encouraged me personally, and i hope in typing this post, it encourages each one of you too.
Location - Dairy Farm Rd, MOE Campsite.
Time - 2200hrs
Date - 19/12/2006
Incident - During the finale night, prior to 30 minutes of the camp photos screening which Dawn had prepared the night before and stayed up till about 3plus in the morning.Dawn had problems with connecting her IBook with the LCD projector. Apprantly, it seems that it requires a special adapter whichconnects the IBook to the LCD projector, however Dawn did not have her adapter with her. It is believed to beat her place in Queenstown. Amos also had a simlar adapter with him, however amos's adapter couldnt be used for Dawn's IBook as it is of a different version. As such, Amos then tried transfering the photos from Dawn's IBook to his, however the transfer was possible, but the photos were out of place and the captions were missing.
Dawn then suggested for me to send her home for her to collect her adapter and come backto the campsite. I agreed as her place was rather near the campsite [both in the west area] and I believed that we could be able to rush back in time prior to reflections which was after finale night and supper. Knowing that my carhad only half a quarter of petrol left, but I knew that it would certainly be enough from the campsite to dawn's place and backto the campsite again. We then procceded to Dawn's place, however upon arrival at Dawn's place. Dawn discovered that her mum had actually taken the adapter to her office and had not brought it back.
I then stopped along the side of the road and tried to think of solutions. Dawn was rather disappointed, I believe that she was rather affected that how come everything seemed to be going wrong. I then tried calling several potential people that might have the special adapter. Everything seem to be going wrong, Shoo Ling wasnt at home, Claire and Shaun were overseas, Timothy's maid already sleeping at home. I also called several of my friends however to no avail. At this point in time, Dawn was praying and I was praying myself. Dawn then suggested to go back to the campsiteand she will redo the entire camp photos screeening all over again. I didnt want her to do so, somehow, I really hadthe faith that the Lord will provide,
I then told Dawn not to worry as there are situations much worser then this, even though I told her that, in my heart, I was still uncertain. I scrolled down my telephone book several times, looking at each name, finally I called Jolene, whom informed thatshe might have, but she didnt know where she had placed it. She then made a check and would get back to me.I was about to give up and go back to the campsite however I had this feeling to wait a little longer. SubsquentlyI received a phone call from Jolene informing that she has the adapter.
Looking at the time, it was already 2300hrs. Back at the campsite, Supper was already ongoing, and reflections would be commencing at 2330hrs. The weather was raining heavily too, for that matter, I couldnt drive faster then usual as the road is wet and it was dangerous.I then decided that, I will go to Jolene's place at Serangoon North, all the way from Queenstown and try to rush back to the campsite before reflections end.
While driving, I realised I had a another problem, my petrol in my car, had only half a quarter left [nearing to Empty] I didnt know whether would the petrol be enough. And for that matter, I been driving my car for almost a year, I knew it wasnt enough and I certainly had to stop halfway to pump petrol. I then prayed again, telling the Lord and commiting my problem to him. I arrived at Serangoon North,Time check - 2325hrs, I then collected the adapter and drove back to CTE. Knowing that the petrol might notbe enough, I believed that somehow or rather I had to stop just to pump petrol.
And to add to the situation,I didnt have my wallet with me. Dawn had her wallet with her though, however I knew she was already very disappointed and I just wanted to let her have her own peace. As a person staying in the North, I am not really sure of the places in the West, unless I frequently go there. I was then cracking my brains on which route would be the fastest to lead to Dairy Farm Rd from Serangoon.One consideration would be to actually go by CTE, PIE turning out to Adam Road, Bukit Timah Rd, Upper Bukit Timah Rd,Dairy Farm Rd. Which would certainly take at least 40mins.
I was thinking of other routes, then i realised that eariler during dinner, Elder Robert asked me how to go back to his placefrom the campsite, he asked me further whether does BKE [the expressway near Dairy Farm Rd] leads to PIE. I was unsure, however I thought Elder Robert the way which I only knew, which is going by Upper Bukit Timah Rd.Timothy was also around during dinner, i then asked him. He then mentioned that BKE leads to PIE. However heseem uncertain. As such, I was unsure too. After all, we are all humans.
But somehow or rather, I remembered that incident during dinner, and thinking about it, I prayed again, commiting to the Lord my two problems, firstly the petrol which was running out and secondly getting back to the campsite by a totally strange route to mein the shortest time possible. Upon driving along CTE, PIE. While reaching the Adam Road exit, I suddenly had a feeling thatI should skip the exit and carry on. I carried on driving, at the same time praying that it would actually lead to BKE and Dairy Farm Rd subsequently. Imagine my joy and happiness when i saw the BKE link, and the Dairy Farm Road Exit afterwhich. I then praised the Lord and thanked him for answering my prayer.
However, I had still another concern, I was unsure whether was there enough petrol to last till i reach the campsite. And there wasnt any nearby petrol stations aroundthe campsite. I then arrived at the campsite, and the petrol still havent finished yet! I was simply amazed on howwonderful the Lord had been, he had answered my prayer and the petrol had lasted all the way from Queenstown to Serangoon North and back to the campsite.
Time check, 2345hrs, I arrived at the campsite, the reflections were ongoing. Dawn and I then tested Jolene's adapter and It worked. At the end of the reflections night, the youths was shown the entire photo presentation.And I myself was simply so encouraged and thankful for the Lord's blessings on me.
I then thought to myself that this is not the first time the Lord has answered my prayers, time after time he had shown me that he would provide. While serving in the youth commitee in the past,he had answered so many prayers. And once again, he had answered my prayers. Indeed, he had reminded me the importance of prayer and having faith. And in the same way the entire incident had encouraged me, I hope that in typing it down and posting it up, it also encourages you and reminds you of the importance of prayer and how prayer is essential in our christian walk.
how great is our God....
1 Comments:
thanks for sharing .. indeed prayer is important!
Post a Comment
<< Home