ORPC Young Adults Ministry

To nurture young adults in their faith, spur them towards Christ-centered living, and to encourage them to care for one another.



       

 

Saturday, October 07, 2006

The Lord sustains OUR FRIENDSHIPS in YAM!


I read something really heartwarming today;

For a Christian, there are, strictly speaking, no chances. A secret Master of the Ceremonies has been at work. Christ, who said to the disciples "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you," can truly say to every group of Christian friends "You have not chosen one another but I have chose you for one another."

The Friendship is not a reward for our discrimination and good taste in finding one another out. It is the instrument by which God reveals to each the beauties of all the others. They are no greater than the beauties of a thousand other men; by Friendship God opens our eyes to them. They are, like all beauties, derived from Him, and then, in a good Friendship, increased by Him through Friendship itself, so that it is His instrument for creating as well as for revealing.

At this feast it is He who spread the board as it is He who has chosen the guests. It is He, we may dare to hope, who sometimes does, and always should, preside. Let us not reckon without our Host.

-By my fav author: C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves

May the one who Hosts us continue to bless us with new friendships and continue to sustain the old "lao" ones =)

Lots of Love,
Claire

3 Comments:

Blogger Intuition said...

I like the last line! haha

" May the one who Hosts us continue to bless us with new friendships and continue to sustain the old "lao" ones =)"

And indeed the friendships that we have between everyone in the YAF would surely go on for years to come.

11:03 pm  
Blogger SATheologies said...

ah~ the four loves. I read that halfway before i stopped. Didnt understand much of what he wrote in that book. Need more efforts to understand it.

=)

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one!'" - C.s Lewis

7:42 pm  
Blogger SATheologies said...

ya... here is another quote by C.s Lewis which i really like:

"We picture lovers face to face but friends side by side; their eyes look ahead." - C.S Lewis

7:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Contact Us
Announcements
Upcoming Events
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

ORPC Young Adults Ministry powered by Blogger. Template Design by freeblogger-templates.blogspot.com