ORPC Young Adults Ministry

To nurture young adults in their faith, spur them towards Christ-centered living, and to encourage them to care for one another.



       

 

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I refer to Josh's post..

Yes I admit I ate alot of M&Ms and Lays, but it is justified considering that 'many others' ate more than me.. and plus, I'm on holiday.. YIPPIE!!

BTW, since we all promised to SPICE up this blog.. I'll just put an entry about

MESSIAH.. my thoughts. (some of us watched Handel's Messiah on 3rd Dec)

I just realised that Handel is quite boring.. It seems that every song has so predictable music lines and sounds no different from the others. I also wonder why he dedicates one song to the trumpets sounding.. and repeating it a million times.

But, the thing that really touched me about Messiah was the verses that were sung. Esp
Isaiah 53:4-5
Surely he hath borne our griefs and carried our sorrows
He was wounded for our transgressions,
he was bruised for our iniquities
the chastisement of our peace was on Him.

It was truly a spirited performance by the SBC undergraduates though they kinda lost their stamina at the end...no battery. Its just very encouraging to know that little Singapore can pull off a worthy performance like this one..

I was really amused by the Bass singer**who struggled to be bass..=) but I'll give him some slack coz I cant sing 1/100000 times as well as him. Also, Thommy gave a pseudo standing ovation that cracked us all up.

My day ended with a drive on the ECP towards Changi and back
Consuming Mariah's Christmas Album with Macs.

Was fun, we should do it again. =)

***Anyway, youths are having netball again this Sunday! So YAM girls can go join in and have fun!! =)

-Claire

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no no Claire.. actually, Handel is a music genius.

haha bet u din know that the whole Messiah set of music was written in just a few days only - 3 i think. (i can't remember the exact no. of days, but i can check with my dad cuz he mentioned it a few weeks ago only - and yes, i have short-term memory =p )

ya, such music prodigies are extinct already..

anyway, we should have more YA Sports Days!! i love games!! i hate studying!! haha

P.S for those of u who haven listen to the Nov '06 evening sermons on the topic of 'Work' which i mentioned earlier, DO TRY to find time to listen to it! its also applicable to students too cuz students face similar difficulties in sch also.

Smiles!

12:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!!

Yes Indeed Beethoven says that he is the GREATEST COMPOSER ever but of course at that time Beethoven did not realise he was going to be the GREATEST COMPOSER himself ..haha **bias

Anyway, Handel was written in a few days, which is precisely why i think it was not well done. for Brahms to write a symphony for 10 years 3 days is conceitless effort for an Aria. **or so my brother says

Also, Handel was not well received in his time, he played to a hard audience, people were always talking loudly, walking around, playing poker and eating during his Arias.

But well, to each his own =) But I agree with you on "I hate studying"!! YAM should organise sports day, if I am not wrong Mr Chen ZH suppose to organise it, I saw it on the mission plan.. hee** Zhen hao if you need help please tell the crazy sports fanatics.. Will do something "RA-RA" for everyone lol/ tata. -Claire

4:56 pm  
Blogger SATheologies said...

opps... no comment on Handel cos i'm tone deaf.

I'd never heard the entire performance before but i guess it must be a good one to be still performed by people who live 300 years (or so?) after his death.

9:11 am  
Blogger kat_ said...

you guys went to watch handel?? i was there with my parents!!! alamak so out of touch with you guys. haha. praise God for the work he is doing through our church.

1:45 am  
Blogger zenhow said...

haha .. yah we should have more sports day. Keep healthy! That time we played touch rugby with the youth . I thought it was quite fun. If we can get enough people ,we should do it more often ...

8:07 pm  
Blogger zenhow said...

anyway i enjoyed the concert too ..
Very relaxing and it was refreshing just to ponder on the words sung .. =)

though it was not top notch performance by the choir and soloist, but I would give them the credit for their effort.

8:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Contact Us
Announcements
Upcoming Events
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

ORPC Young Adults Ministry powered by Blogger. Template Design by freeblogger-templates.blogspot.com