Our Daily Lor Ti - In The Morning
READ: Mark 1:23-39
In the morning . . . He went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed. — Mark 1:35
Are you so rushed during the day that you find it hard to take even a few minutes to spend with God? Many people set aside time in the early morning before they get caught up in the hectic pace of the day.
I read about a very busy man who somehow manages to find time for giving the day a spiritual jump-start. He's Dr. Ben Carson, chief of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Children's Center, a position he assumed in 1984 when he was only 33 years old.
Here's Carson's testimony about the value of putting spiritual things first: "I've found that having a morning ritual—meditation or some quiet reading time—can set the tone for the whole day. Every morning, I spend a half-hour reading the Bible, especially the book of Proverbs. There's so much wisdom there. During the day, if I encounter a frustrating situation, I think back to one of the verses that I read that morning."
Jesus faced busy days filled with demanding crowds of people. In Mark's gospel we read, "In the morning, having risen a long while before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed" (1:35).
Do you take time to read God's Word and pray? Try it in the morning. It can transform your day. — Vernon C Grounds
In the stillness of the morning,
Before a busy day of care,
How sweet to be alone with God
Through His holy Word and prayer. — Anderson
Let Christ be first in your thoughts in the morning, and last in your thoughts at night.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home