ORPC Young Adults Ministry

To nurture young adults in their faith, spur them towards Christ-centered living, and to encourage them to care for one another.



       

 

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Science & Christian Faith:


Aldersgate Adult Seminar
Registration required
"Explaining Jesus in a Hi-Tech World"
Saturday, May 19
9 am to 12 noon
Faith Methodist Church


Aldersgate Evening Talks
No registration or tickets required
Monday - Wednesday, May 21-23, 2007
7:45 to 9:30 pm each night
ACS (Independent) - Directions
Details

Dr David Wilkinson
Principal St. John's College

"Before working in Durham as a theologian, I was a scientist and then a Methodist minister in inner city Liverpool. My background is research in theoretical astrophysics, where my PhD was in the study of star formation, the chemical evolution of galaxies and terrestrial mass extinctions such as the event which wiped out the dinosaurs. I am a Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society and have published a wide range of papers on these subjects.

After this research I trained for the Methodist ministry, studying theology at Cambridge. I then served in a variety of appointments, including a growing church in Liverpool and as Methodist chaplain at Liverpool University.

I arrived in Durham in 1999 and held a Fellowship in Christian Apologetics at St John's College, and was also Associate Director of the Centre for Christian Communication. I am currently Wesley Research Lecturer in Theology and Science in the Department of Theology and Religion..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Contact Us
Announcements
Upcoming Events
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

ORPC Young Adults Ministry powered by Blogger. Template Design by freeblogger-templates.blogspot.com